Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crashing is never fun!!

This last trip had it's ups and downs, but most of the trip was good. I got through the racing and felt like I actually race, didn't just hang on for dear life. I was able to help my team and be a part of the race and that was really fun! The last race was going really good, legs didn't feel too bad and I was having good positioning for most of the day. And all of a sudden I found myself on the ground, bike on top of me, not moving. WTF! I have to admit that the crash scared me more than it hurt me. I landed on my left side and thought for sure I had broke my collar bone again. I got up handed my bike to our mechanic Andrew and ran to the car. Lucky, I am fine, no broken bones, just some soreness in my back and neck and some really good bruises and road rash! Wow, I was lucky and I am really glad my collar bone held up this time!

I guess it wouldn't be bike racing if there weren't crashes. I was really lucky through out the four races. I avoided probably about 10 crashes all together, but what can you do when you are taken out from behind.

We (Lauren, Alison and I) are back in Lucca recovering and nursing our wounds. Kat Carroll, Christine Thorburn, and Katheryn Curi Mattis will be joining us on Thursday.
Me and this little girl at the presentation, she was so cute and had on wooden clogs.

The girls being silly.

When you see lots of these, you know the race will be windy!

No comments: