Thursday, September 18, 2008

I know it's been a long time....

I know, I know, it's been so so long, but I have no idea what I have been doing. Life has been a crazy mess for the past couple of months and maybe I am on track now. After what I thought was my last race (crit Nationals) I had to start working and easy back on the training. So I started subbing for the school district mostly Elementary schools, which was fun, but lots of germs and sick kids. I didn't think much of it at the time because I didn't really need to stay healthy for any big race coming up and I need the money bad. So I continued to sub and ride casually, I even did a few mt bike rides. Then I got a phone call Jim (the director of the National Team) and he said I was going to Italy to race Toscana. Well, I thought to myself, I better start training again I only have 12 days. So I got back in the mode of training, but still had to work. I forgot how hard this was, wow. I got the training in and felt really good with my fitness and I was off to Italy. I got to Lucca and I forgot how much I love it hear. Italy is such a wonderful place and I was ready to race! Then the night before the first race I came down with a sore throat and it turned into a full on cold. I raced the first and second day and now it is the third and I feel even worse. I guess we will see how today goes.

Well, I guess next time I know better then to sub in schools, especially elementary schools, where there are a lot of germs and sick kids. I should know better, I taught for 4 years. Oh well, bills have to be paid!

I don't have any good picture to show you of Italy, I gave my camera to the mechanic in hopes of some good pictures but haven't gotten it back. So hopefully by the end of the trip I will have some good new to report and some good picture.

Zion National Park, it was beautiful!!!!

No comments: