Saturday, March 17, 2007

First NRC



I flew into Fresno yesterday - wow it was a long day!
I got up at 4:30 to catch my flight and then off to my first NRC (national racing calander) of the year. I met up with my teammates and we went to a after school program to talk to some elementary students. Pictures will come later.




It was very adorable ... Questions (comments) like: Ummmm... my dad has a bike, I practice game cube, What happens when your handle bars brake, What happens when all of you guys fall down? It was very cute!



I was a little nervous today, but not as bad as Valley of the Sun race. The race today was an 18mile time trial with a big hill and rolling hills with false flats. It was HARD! I don't know when the last time I did that type of effort. My teammates did great! Kat Carrol got 6th, Felicia got 6th, Rebecca came in 13th, I got 22nd and 25 for Cathrine Powers. So all of us in the top half the the group - fantastic. Check out the results.
Oh and I can't leave out Miss Sarah who was awesome helping us repair for today.

Tomorrow we have a crit in Visalia and I can't wait for Sarah to rock it!

No comments: